You’re a modern marketer, so you know just how crucial video is to grow your business. It’s been proven to help businesses better connect with their audiences and establish a dominant online presence.
In a recent survey by Lemonlight, 76% of marketing teams said they had invested in video production in the last three years and a massive 98% of marketers said they believe video will play an important role in marketing over the coming years.
Equipped with this knowledge, you know you need to incorporate video into your marketing strategy, but your team’s plate is already full with lead generation campaigns, social media content creation, and marketing automation.
So, what do you do?
You start Googling video marketing services to outsource the work for your next video project. Results for video production companies and marketing agencies flood the page and you know you want to entrust one or the other with your valuable marketing budget dollars.
With some overlapping skill sets, you might think that selecting either a video production company or marketing agency would suffice. However, the truth is: the most successful campaigns suggest that you leverage both.
In order to develop performance creative that yields the strongest results, working with expert partners is key. Video production companies and marketing agencies have their individual strengths, but like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, combining the two will give you a match made in heaven. Having impressive creative and a tried-and-true distribution plan working in tandem will help you scale your business and give you the most comprehensive, well-researched, and impactful video marketing strategy.
Before we explain this impact in more detail, we’ll dive into the strengths of each below.
What does a marketing agency do?
You may already understand that marketing agencies — many of which specialize in video — have a broad scope. They assist with a wide range of different services as they bring an arsenal of skills and capabilities to the table. When it comes to video marketing, here are some of their key contributions:
- Create a unique brand identity. They help you discover what sets you apart from everyone else and they determine the best voice for you to communicate your messages.
- Build a solid marketing strategy or plan. Marketing agencies work with you from the awareness to the action stage. They have the know-how when it comes to techniques, methods, and metrics for helping you accomplish your business goals.
- Identify the best channels. They know how to leverage digital media, social media, blogs, email, SEM, and more to help you get the best possible results from each.
- Track all the important KPIs and metrics. They are able to track progress to ensure you’re on target to hit all your marketing and growth goals.
Marketing agencies have proven track records in their areas of expertise. They know what to do, what to avoid, and the quickest paths to success.
What does a video production company do?
In simple terms, video production companies spend most of their time producing videos. I know, right? Who would’ve guessed? Let’s dive a little deeper though.
Video production companies come in all shapes and sizes: from freelancers to medium-sized enterprises. And, at some point in your marketing career, you’ve probably heard someone say something along the lines of, “I know a guy in Seattle that can shoot this for us.” However, bigger studios can handle a wide range of tasks to help take your video production (and performance) to the next level. Here are some of the core benefits of working with a video production company like Lemonlight:
- Develop/Validate your creative strategy. We answer questions like what creative approach would work best for you? And how can various styles, lengths, and formats of video better help you reach your goals?
- Create videos that tell a story. Our team of strategists, producers, directors, and editors know the difference between a series of disjointed clips and a coherent, impactful, and unique video that reinforces your brand story and connects with viewers in a meaningful way.
- Provide guidance and support. We work with you through the many stages of video production to ensure your project is aligned with your brand, personality, and objectives.
- Use high-end production equipment. We have an arsenal of cameras, lenses, and first-rate editing software. Many companies don’t have access to these resources or have to rent their equipment, which doesn’t come cheap.
- Save you time and stress. Putting your video in our expert hands gives your own teams the capacity to focus on the internal work that they do best without getting bogged down. Our proprietary production platform smooths out the historically fragmented production process and provides consistent delivery every time.
Production companies like Lemonlight work with businesses from the ideation stage to the final delivery, but what sets us apart is that we listen to our clients’ goals and develop a performance-driven strategy with them.
To learn more about working with Lemonlight, check out the video below:
So, why do you need both?
Video production companies and marketing agencies — especially video marketing agencies — have some things in common, but they stand alone in their unique perspectives and services that often complement the other.
Marketers leverage video production companies for their understanding of performance creative and production expertise and marketing agencies for their multi-channel marketing strategy and analysis. Utilizing both ensures you have the best shot at developing and executing a video marketing strategy that will exponentially grow your business.
“Several projects that we’ve completed with Lemonlight have over-indexed on performance, scaling our client’s brands to 4, 5, and 6x ROAS.”
MuteSix’s Creative Director Olivia Kelleher testifies to this. She says, “We have worked with Lemonlight on a wide range of creative, from short-form product videos made specifically for paid social to more narrative long-form content for Connected TV. They know how to make things work, understand the pace and demand of production, and always work to exceed expectations. Several projects that we’ve completed with Lemonlight have over-indexed on performance, scaling our client’s brands to 4, 5, and 6x ROAS.”
Get started today
If you need an agency partner, we can certainly make some recommendations, but if you’re developing your video marketing strategy, we’re here to help you work through it!
For a limited time only, we’re inviting brands to schedule a call with our Head of Content Strategy for a FREE 30-minute content strategy session for the opportunity to grow your business.
And if you’re an agency, we’re always excited to partner up. Schedule a call with our Partner Team and let’s get to collaborating.